- Calls for Acknowledgement of Britain’s Role
- The Balfour Declaration: 100 Years On.
- Different ways of seeing the Balfour Declaration – BBC Radio 4 “Sunday” 1st October 2017
- You cannot ignore the sacred trust of civilisation or disdain the scholarship of Avi Shlaim: a review of Lord Leslie Turnberg’s Beyond the Balfour Declaration
- Palestine 1917-2017: Reflections on a refugee’s story, my great-grandfather’s war diary and the legacy of Britain’s actions in Palestine.
- The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography,
- Part II The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography
- Unfinished business? Seeking peace through the door of justice in the Holy Land
- Mahatma Gandhi and the Wounds of History: Palestine, India and the British Empire in the 20th century
- Peel Commission
- Woodhead Commission
- The reversal of the Passfield White Paper, 1930-31 : a reassessment.
- The Balfour Declaration
- Palestine and Britain 1917-1948: Competing Policies, Creative Commemoration
- Balfour Declaration Centenary, 2017: towards constructive commemoration
- Balfour, Weizmann and the Creation of Israel by Charles Glass
- ‘Britain in Palestine’ shown in UK Parliament
- McMahon, Sykes, Balfour: Contradictions and Concealments in British Palestine Policy 1915-1917
- J.M.N. Jeffries` Palestine Deception: Modern Resonances
- Britain made the mess and should help sort it out
- Britain and Palestine: past history & future role
- Balfour 1922-23: Fragile commitment and Zionist Response
- A lapse into clarity. The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence revisited
- The Companion Guide to our film ‘Britain in Palestine 1917-1948’
- Thatcham Festival, The role of Britain in Palestine?
Find out more19th Century 1915 1916 1917 1918 1922 1923 Allenby Anglo-French Declaration anti-semitism Arabs Asquith Balfour Balfour Declaration British Mandate Christian Zionism Churchill Curzon First World War Herzl Hussein Ibn Ali Israel Jew League of Nations Lloyd George London Jews Society Lord Curzon McMahon McMahon Hussain Middle East Montagu Palestine Palestine Mandate Palmerston Picot restorationism Rothschild Sacred Trust Samuel Shaftesbury Sherif Hussein Sykes Sykes Picot Weizmann Zionism
Tag Archives: 1916
The seeds of 100 years of conflict Britain, the Arabs and the Jews, 1914 – 1918 2014 – 2018: Britain’s opportunity to acknowledge. In 2014, the centenary of the Great War will be marked in a variety of ways right … Continue reading
A History of the First World War in 100 Moments: A desert uprising that began in hope but was doomed to end in betrayal
Robert Fisk on the moment the Arabs, trusting in British good faith, turned on their Turkish rulers The Arab Revolt is all about the Arab Betrayal. The blowing up of Turkish trains, the capture of Aqaba, the camel charges and … Continue reading
See also Contradictory Promises by Dr Peter Shambrook where these promises are explored in more detail. 1915 The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence, • In 1915 Britain promised the Arabs that after the war they would be granted independence in their lands, in … Continue reading
Below is a part of a preface to the publication of the King-Crane Commission Report, published in Editor & Publisher, V.55, No. 27, 2nd Section, December 2, 1922. This is followed by their recommendations on Syria and particularly Zionism. The … Continue reading
Anthony Nutting resigned from Anthony Eden’s cabinet when he found Eden was going into Suez. Writing around 1975, he reflects on Doreen Ingrams book “The Palestine Papers: 1917-1922: Seeds of Conflict”. The papers in this book made clear that during … Continue reading