- Calls for Acknowledgement of Britain’s Role
- The Balfour Declaration: 100 Years On.
- Different ways of seeing the Balfour Declaration – BBC Radio 4 “Sunday” 1st October 2017
- You cannot ignore the sacred trust of civilisation or disdain the scholarship of Avi Shlaim: a review of Lord Leslie Turnberg’s Beyond the Balfour Declaration
- Palestine 1917-2017: Reflections on a refugee’s story, my great-grandfather’s war diary and the legacy of Britain’s actions in Palestine.
- The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography,
- Part II The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography
- Unfinished business? Seeking peace through the door of justice in the Holy Land
- Mahatma Gandhi and the Wounds of History: Palestine, India and the British Empire in the 20th century
- Peel Commission
- Woodhead Commission
- The reversal of the Passfield White Paper, 1930-31 : a reassessment.
- The Balfour Declaration
- Palestine and Britain 1917-1948: Competing Policies, Creative Commemoration
- Balfour Declaration Centenary, 2017: towards constructive commemoration
- Balfour, Weizmann and the Creation of Israel by Charles Glass
- ‘Britain in Palestine’ shown in UK Parliament
- McMahon, Sykes, Balfour: Contradictions and Concealments in British Palestine Policy 1915-1917
- J.M.N. Jeffries` Palestine Deception: Modern Resonances
- Britain made the mess and should help sort it out
- Britain and Palestine: past history & future role
- Balfour 1922-23: Fragile commitment and Zionist Response
- A lapse into clarity. The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence revisited
- The Companion Guide to our film ‘Britain in Palestine 1917-1948’
- Thatcham Festival, The role of Britain in Palestine?
Find out more19th Century 1915 1916 1917 1918 1922 1923 Allenby Anglo-French Declaration anti-semitism Arabs Asquith Balfour Balfour Declaration British Mandate Christian Zionism Churchill Curzon First World War Herzl Hussein Ibn Ali Israel Jew League of Nations Lloyd George London Jews Society Lord Curzon McMahon McMahon Hussain Middle East Montagu Palestine Palestine Mandate Palmerston Picot restorationism Rothschild Sacred Trust Samuel Shaftesbury Sherif Hussein Sykes Sykes Picot Weizmann Zionism
Tag Archives: 1923
In a recent review article (New Middle Eastern Studies 5 ) on , The Palestine Deception, 1915-1923: The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence, the Balfour Declaration, and the Jewish National Home. ed William Mathew Dr. Nadia Naser-Najjab of the Institute of Arab and … Continue reading
British policy and Arab Displacement in Palestine, 1915-23: Contingency. Imperialism and Double-Dealing
By William M. Mathew, Senior Fellow in History, University of East Anglia Lecture given as part of the Contemporary Middle East Lecture Programme, School of Oriental and African Studies, 28 October 2014 I I should begin by … Continue reading
In a new book, historian William Mathew publishes a series of articles from the Daily Mail of 1923. These presented a hitherto uninformed British readership with details of official promises made to the Arabs in 1915-16 of post-war independence for … Continue reading
John Quigley* President’s Club Professor in Law, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States of America From the Journal of the History of International Law Revue d’histoire du droit international Volume 13, Number 2, 2011 … Continue reading