- Calls for Acknowledgement of Britain’s Role
- The Balfour Declaration: 100 Years On.
- Different ways of seeing the Balfour Declaration – BBC Radio 4 “Sunday” 1st October 2017
- You cannot ignore the sacred trust of civilisation or disdain the scholarship of Avi Shlaim: a review of Lord Leslie Turnberg’s Beyond the Balfour Declaration
- Palestine 1917-2017: Reflections on a refugee’s story, my great-grandfather’s war diary and the legacy of Britain’s actions in Palestine.
- The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography,
- Part II The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography
- Unfinished business? Seeking peace through the door of justice in the Holy Land
- Mahatma Gandhi and the Wounds of History: Palestine, India and the British Empire in the 20th century
- Peel Commission
- Woodhead Commission
- The reversal of the Passfield White Paper, 1930-31 : a reassessment.
- The Balfour Declaration
- Palestine and Britain 1917-1948: Competing Policies, Creative Commemoration
- Balfour Declaration Centenary, 2017: towards constructive commemoration
- Balfour, Weizmann and the Creation of Israel by Charles Glass
- ‘Britain in Palestine’ shown in UK Parliament
- McMahon, Sykes, Balfour: Contradictions and Concealments in British Palestine Policy 1915-1917
- J.M.N. Jeffries` Palestine Deception: Modern Resonances
- Britain made the mess and should help sort it out
- Britain and Palestine: past history & future role
- Balfour 1922-23: Fragile commitment and Zionist Response
- A lapse into clarity. The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence revisited
- The Companion Guide to our film ‘Britain in Palestine 1917-1948’
- Thatcham Festival, The role of Britain in Palestine?
Find out more19th Century 1915 1916 1917 1918 1922 1923 Allenby Anglo-French Declaration anti-semitism Arabs Asquith Balfour Balfour Declaration British Mandate Christian Zionism Churchill Curzon First World War Herzl Hussein Ibn Ali Israel Jew League of Nations Lloyd George London Jews Society Lord Curzon McMahon McMahon Hussain Middle East Montagu Palestine Palestine Mandate Palmerston Picot restorationism Rothschild Sacred Trust Samuel Shaftesbury Sherif Hussein Sykes Sykes Picot Weizmann Zionism
Tag Archives: League of Nations
This talk was given at the The Balfour Project conference in Southwark Cathedral on 5th November 2016 entitled: ‘How will we mark the Centenary of the Balfour Declaration’ By Dr Peter Shambrook Context: it is only in the context of … Continue reading
Given the sheer improbability of the Balfour Declaration, its source in temporary war-time contingencies, its activation of inter-communal conflict in Palestine, and its exposure to increasing opposition both at home and in the Levant, the 1917 War Cabinet pledge … Continue reading
The American Magazine November, 1947 Summary This appeal to the American people, written by King Abdullah, son of Sharif Hussein and grandfather of the current King of Jordan, appeared in the United States six months before the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. … Continue reading
John Quigley* President’s Club Professor in Law, Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, United States of America From the Journal of the History of International Law Revue d’histoire du droit international Volume 13, Number 2, 2011 … Continue reading
In 1922 (Ratified in 1923) the League of Nations gave Britain the Mandate to administer Palestine, which required her to implement the Balfour Declaration, and undertake a “sacred trust of civilisation” to advance the welfare of the Palestinian people and … Continue reading