- Calls for Acknowledgement of Britain’s Role
- The Balfour Declaration: 100 Years On.
- Different ways of seeing the Balfour Declaration – BBC Radio 4 “Sunday” 1st October 2017
- You cannot ignore the sacred trust of civilisation or disdain the scholarship of Avi Shlaim: a review of Lord Leslie Turnberg’s Beyond the Balfour Declaration
- Palestine 1917-2017: Reflections on a refugee’s story, my great-grandfather’s war diary and the legacy of Britain’s actions in Palestine.
- The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography,
- Part II The 1929 Palestine Riots: A Conflicted Jewish Historiography
- Unfinished business? Seeking peace through the door of justice in the Holy Land
- Mahatma Gandhi and the Wounds of History: Palestine, India and the British Empire in the 20th century
- Peel Commission
- Woodhead Commission
- The reversal of the Passfield White Paper, 1930-31 : a reassessment.
- The Balfour Declaration
- Palestine and Britain 1917-1948: Competing Policies, Creative Commemoration
- Balfour Declaration Centenary, 2017: towards constructive commemoration
- Balfour, Weizmann and the Creation of Israel by Charles Glass
- ‘Britain in Palestine’ shown in UK Parliament
- McMahon, Sykes, Balfour: Contradictions and Concealments in British Palestine Policy 1915-1917
- J.M.N. Jeffries` Palestine Deception: Modern Resonances
- Britain made the mess and should help sort it out
- Britain and Palestine: past history & future role
- Balfour 1922-23: Fragile commitment and Zionist Response
- A lapse into clarity. The McMahon-Hussein Correspondence revisited
- The Companion Guide to our film ‘Britain in Palestine 1917-1948’
- Thatcham Festival, The role of Britain in Palestine?
Find out more19th Century 1915 1916 1917 1918 1922 1923 Allenby Anglo-French Declaration anti-semitism Arabs Asquith Balfour Balfour Declaration British Mandate Christian Zionism Churchill Curzon First World War Herzl Hussein Ibn Ali Israel Jew League of Nations Lloyd George London Jews Society Lord Curzon McMahon McMahon Hussain Middle East Montagu Palestine Palestine Mandate Palmerston Picot restorationism Rothschild Sacred Trust Samuel Shaftesbury Sherif Hussein Sykes Sykes Picot Weizmann Zionism
Tag Archives: Palmerston
Powerful symbols and the British-Zionist alliance: approaching the centenary of the Balfour Declaration by Nur Masalha
Masalha writes that as the centenary of the Balfour Declaration approaches it is timely for a reassessment of the impact of the statement and British policies towards Palestine and its indigenous people. The Declaration is commonly attributed incorrectly to … Continue reading
Prof Ilan Pappe spoke at the Kenyon Institute in Jerusalem 17th September 2012 on the topic ‘Perfidious Albion? The British Legacy in Palestine’ .
Anthony Ashley – Cooper, 7th Earl of Shaftesbury, 1801-1885.  After a lonely, loveless childhood, when, like many earlier members of the British aristocracy, the only affection the growing child received came from his nanny, Shaftesbury was elected as … Continue reading